Kernel 2.2.13 (and earlier) and ethernet interrupt handler

Hi!

I have a problem with kernel 2.2.13 and some earlier kernels. With several
versions there was the problem that when I did some intensive networking on
the local network, I got "eth0 reentering interrupt handler". This was with
2.2.1, with 2.2.5 and now with 2.2.13. In between there were versions that
didn't have this problem (for example the 2.2.10 - although that had another
problem, as it simply crashed when doing intensive ftp transfers).

Any ideas what might go wrong here? Any idea where to search next for hints on
what goes wrong? I have to admit that I am a bit at a loss with this.

bye, Georg