Re: Debian/PPC (was: Re: console-apt)

On Wed, Sep 15, 1999 at 02:47:12PM -0400, Daniel Jacobowitz wrote:
> On Wed, Sep 15, 1999 at 10:08:03AM +0200, Hartmut Koptein wrote:
> >
> > > It shouldn't be difficult to modify the buildd package to check with
> > > powerpc.debian.org (tervola) to check out packages to build and merge the
> > > results back with tervola.  Anybody real familiar with buildd and willing
> > > to modify it?  I think James Troup wrote it...
> >
> > Roman Hodek is the main author for wanna-build.
> >
> > Every debian maintainer can lock a package (or more) on tervola and build it
> > at home.
>
> Ah, but how?  No one's ever explained to me how to do that.

ssh to tervola
wanna-build <package_version> 	[no arguments will give you usage]
				[-o will override a buildd lock]

Check out all the buildd scripts in /usr/local/bin/ to gather all kinds of
info and statistics.

Examples:

	$ wanna-build util-linux_2.9w-3
	$ list-building | grep util-linux
	base/util-linux_2.9w-3 by porter [optional:out-of-date]
	$

	$ wanna-build mkhybrid_1.12b5.3-2
	mkhybrid: NOT OK!
	already taken by buildd
	$ wanna-build -o mkhybrid_1.12b5.3-2
	User buildd had already taken the following package, but
	overriding this as you request:
	$ list-all | grep mkhybrid
	$ list-building | grep mkhybrid
	Database locked by buildd -- please wait
	otherosfs/mkhybrid_1.12b5.3-2 by porter [optional:out-of-date]
	$

--
Matt Porter
mmporter@home.com