help with IBM powerpc Model 40P RS6K machine

I have installed debian/linux on several Intel and one Alpha machine.
We no have an IBM Model 40P ppc machine that we would like to
investigate with Debian/LInux before trying linuxppc or yellowdog.  I
have found the powerpc subtree within the potato/unstable tree.
However, I cannot find anything specific on boot, root, driver, and
rescue diskettes for this machine.  Can I use one of the others
(powermac, prep, chrp, etc.).  Also is there a documentation effort
started for these machines we could use to get started.  I believe
once I have the system booted with the rescue diskette, I could go
from there (found the base diskettes in the common subdirectory).

|James D. Freels, P.E._i, Ph.D. |Phone:  (423)576-8645 |   | L | A |
|Oak Ridge National Laboratory  |FAX:    (423)574-9172 | H | I | L |
|Research Reactors Division     |work e-m: fea@ornl.gov| F | N | P |
|P. O. Box 2008                 |home e-m: fea@icx.net | I | U | H |
|Oak Ridge, Tennessee 37831-6392|world's best neutrons | R | X | A |