[OT] Re: Open Firmware booting on Blue G3

On Wed, 11 Aug 1999, Ethan Benson wrote:

> is there any work on this?  I hope Debian is not going to be a BootX
> only distribution like LinuxPPC is...

LinuxPPC 1999 is BootX only because no one had the time to write+test the
quik section for the RedHat-based installer. :)

> I realize that most macs have broken OF implementations, however, the
> BlueG3s and iMacs have a much better OF as far as i can determine, it
> would be great if these could be macos-free bootable.

Such a new OF that Linux needs to be fixed. :)  BTW, the OF-script apple
requires can be generated by the mknote program in arch/ppc/someplace.
But, we have some other issues to deal with.

---
Tom Rini (TR1265)
http://gate.crashing.org/~trini/