Re: About PowerPC processors

On Tue, Aug 03, 1999 at 11:49:25AM -0700, Alexander S. Guy wrote:

> You say that in jest, but that's not such a bad idea.  Considering that
> the boards that are desired are OEM, and the specs are freely available.
> It might be better to start a group, where a number of parties put money
> together, and sponsor a production run.  I'm not sure if that would be
> successful, but it would sure be cool to try. :)

Actually, I'm only half-jesting. I have plans for a large business, and I
might have found myself an investor/partner as of last night, that will be
specializing in a semi-niche market, and we will be offering PowerPC boxes,
specifically MTX+ workstations and RS/6000's. But if that doesn't go
through, I don't see why we couldn't all work together to get a production
run done. :)

--
-Phillip R. Jaenke, Rabid Systems Administrator and BOFH
 AIX/BSDI/DG-UX/HP-UX/Linux(Debian)/SCO/Xenix/Xenix286