About PowerPC processors

> They are, unfortunately. And I wouldn't bother with Penguin Computing.
> IIRC, they were the company that thinks WinModems that work with
> Linux are a really great idea. }:P

	It is a great idea, but not for Penguin's target market of high
reliability.  It would be great for things like appliances and $200
computers, where you don't care for CPU use.  For example, Amiga would find
them good for A500-class machines, but not for A4000-class ones.

	The problem with Penguin providing PowerPC boxen is that they adopt
a policy of restricting the range of software and hardware provided in order
to ease the quality assurance.  For example, they won't install anything but
RedHat.

Leandro Guimarães Faria Corcete Dutra
Amdocs (Brasil) Ltda
http://www.terravista.pt./Enseada/1989/