Re: About PowerPC processors

On Mon, 2 Aug 1999, Phillip R. Jaenke wrote:
> 100,000+/year!) Cort, you're buddy-buddy with IBM. Get them making the
> Longtrail again darnit! I want about.. erm.. as many as I can afford!

IBM never intended to manufacture the LongTrail. They just did the design.
Manufacturing was supposed to be done by UMAX and Tatung. And they didn't
believe in Linux when Steve killed the Mac clones.

If you order 10000 boards, you may be able to convince Tatung to manufacture
them again, though (please ask Edmund Humenberger <ed@atnet.at> first!).
Question is: are the parts still available? And then I'm thinking VLSI Golden
Gate II and Apple/TI Hydra (or the VLSI plug-in replacement Pierxx).

Greetings,

						Geert

--
Geert Uytterhoeven                     Geert.Uytterhoeven@cs.kuleuven.ac.be