Re: My rs/6000

PowerPC>Jacopo Silva wrote:

>> I have access to a IBM rs/6000 43P /140 and I cannot boot it in any
way. I
>> tried tens of kernel images, but no results.
>>
>> Is there anyone that knows how to solve my problem? Is there anyone
that
>> booted a linux kernel on the same machine?
>>
>> Thanks,
>>
>> Jacopo

>The RS/6000 43P Power 140 is a POWER2-based machine. Not PowerPC. The
>only person that I know of who is working on a port for the POWER2/P2SC

>is myself. And till I get testing hardware and documentation from IBM,
>that's going nowhere fast.

>-Phillip R. Jaenke, Head Unix Guru, Unicent Telecom
 >216-344-2649 x4268

Philip,

No, that is not correct. The RS/6000 43P Model 140 is a PowerPC 604e
based machine:
http://www.rs6000.ibm.com/hardware/workstations/43p_140.html

IBM has announced it will support the 43P Model 150:
http://www.rs6000.ibm.com/resource/features/1999/linuxfact.html

My guess is that the 43P Model 140 will be supported as well.

You might want to monitor the following web site for future
developments:
http://www.ibm.com/linux

Rolf

--