Re: Any suggestions for reviving a hosed bash?

On Thu, Apr 22, 1999 at 08:34:57AM +0200, Sven LUTHER wrote:
> On Wed, Apr 21, 1999 at 12:20:24PM +0200, Hartmut Koptein wrote:
> > Hi Sven,

> > > huh ?
> >
> > Have a look for http://powerpc.debian.org/~koptein/Config/config.apus and strip
> > it down to a balanced linux-2.2.6 kernel with only really necessary parts into
> > the kernel and the rest as modules.
>
> ok, i will try it out, but, ... is it possible to have a kernel patch package
> or something for apus, i don't think it will run with linus's 2.2.6 kernel,
> but perhaps vger is in sync with the apus patches, there was some effort for it
> lately, have not been following this since last month though.

I just asked Jesper, and he told me that linux-2.2.6 kernel will not build a
working apus kernel, what is the way to do things in this case ? Should i build a
apus kernel package ? What about the sources for it ? The latest official m68k
kernel is linux-2.2.3-pre1, and there is a 254 kb compressed patch against linus's
2.2.3 tree. but there is no 2.2.3 kernel source in debian.

maybe i could do a patch including the 2.2.1pre2 m68k patch, and all the apus
incremental patches to bring it up to latest apus kernel ? and name it :
kernel-patch-2.2.1-apus-is-in-truth-2.2.3pre1_2.2.1-1.dsc

Friendly,

Sven LUTHER