Re: Thanks for the docs! (WAS -- Re: Boot disks for PowerPC)

> Might I suggest that before this doc gets used in any official sense a few
> more eyeballs go over it and a few people do some testing and write a bit
> more on what to do after the base system is setup.  I wrote it from memory
> and information off this list, I think it could use some work.
>
> On the other hand, I've been pointing some more adventurous LinuxPPC users
> to it - Debian is a much less frustrating experience, even without an
> installer...
>
> Ty Hedrick
>
> On Mon, 19 Apr 1999, Jeremiah Merkl wrote:
> > > http://www.dartmouth.edu/cgi-bin/cgiwrap/jonh/lppc/faq.pl?file=572
> >
> > Thank you very much. That was exactly what I was looking for. Mayhaps we should
> > publicize this document more? I know it's kinda bad form to rely on another
> > distribution to accomplish a base install, but hey...whatever works, right? :)
> >
> > Maybe a link to this doc off the powerpc.debian.org homepage?  (at this point I think
> > anything is better than the placeholder page.)

I'll include this on the www.debian.org/ports/powerpc web-pages.

With the work from marcos (for powermac: kernel, .config, bootargs and install docu
in txt, html and latex) and from matt for the same thing on PReP i got now some spare
time to work on the web pages. I do it currently for 'german', because this is my
native language and if i integrate it to the cvs it doesn't looks up very often for
the users (only if they set the language to german in netscape, mozilla or lynx).

Thnx,

     Hartmut