Thanks for the docs! (WAS -- Re: Boot disks for PowerPC)

Coffee Cup wrote:

> > In the meantime tho, does anyone have documentation on the current, if
> > cludgy, install methods?
>
> Since you have a LinuxPPC system already, check out this page for some really basic
> install instructions. I haven't tried them myself yet but they should give you a
> working base system.
> http://www.dartmouth.edu/cgi-bin/cgiwrap/jonh/lppc/faq.pl?file=572
>     -Nilz

Thank you very much. That was exactly what I was looking for. Mayhaps we should
publicize this document more? I know it's kinda bad form to rely on another
distribution to accomplish a base install, but hey...whatever works, right? :)

Maybe a link to this doc off the powerpc.debian.org homepage?  (at this point I think
anything is better than the placeholder page.)

Gah...that sounds really insolent. I don't mean to step on toes here. I've been lurking
on this list for a very long time now, and figured it would be time to speak up. My
C-programming isn't so hot, nor do I have a lot of time to devote to debugging,
otherwise I'd lend more of an active hand. But, in the meantime, I'd be more than happy
to guine-pig my current system. After running Debian-i386 for a year, getting my
machine taken away and replaced with a PPC5400-180 for the last yeat, I've decided that
Redhat/LinuxPPC is a royal pain in the @$$, and really want to eradicate it from my
system.

-Jeremiah Merkl