Re: IMPORTANT : latest bash intall fails and bash is no more usable!!!

Hi!

In article <[🔎] 99041915471103.00407@proton>, Konstantinos Margaritis
<kmargar@cc.uoa.gr> wrote:

>I have at least 10 shells open. Unless I am greatly mistaken, running 10 static
>bash's would be quite severe on memory use.

The right way would be to have both statically and dynamically linked
bash's. And to use the static one for root as login shell. Actually that's
what I did: install sash and create an additional root user (toor) with
this as it's shell. Helps a lot, even if the bash in debian breaks due to
an update ... hey, but that can't ever happen ;-)

bye, Georg

--
http://www.westfalen.de/hugo/