Re: new glibc, egcs, etc.

On Thu, Mar 25, 1999 at 02:47:49PM +0200, Konstantinos Margaritis wrote:

> On Mon, 22 Mar 1999, Hartmut Koptein wrote:
>
> >> ipfwadm
>
> will do ipfwchains instead.
>
> >> bind
>
> check separate mail.
>
> >> m4 (this could a little hard, but hey, they are only computer programs!)
>
> done.
>
> >> bash (that seems to be an ldd error on dpkg-shlibdeps, strange)
>
> almost.
>
> >> gnome-core,
> >> gnome-objc,
> >> gnome-utils,
> >> gnome-media,
> >> libgtop (I already had that compiled, and believe it or not, it
> >> 			compiled right out of the box!)
>
> I have the debs ready but I am a bit sceptical about uploading them. To me
> gnome (the versions that are in debian source archives 0.99.x) are very
> unstable and crash all the time. I propose to wait for 1.0 releases to come out
> as debian sources and then deal with them.
> Even so, I did not build them with 'dpkg-buildpackage -B -rsudo' but with
> './debian/rules binary' as root, so they are not signed.

Hello, ...

Would you consider compiling the packages in the gnome-stage-2 area (ask on the
		debian-gtk-gnome mailing list for more details) These packages are more
upto date, and will make it into the official potato distroib at some time.

I was compiling them, but i am out of home for two weeks, so i can do no work
on them. Also my X server is broken with regard to the gnome packages, and i
cannot test gnome-panel, but gnome-libs's test programs works some, for the
function that does not trigger the bug in X.

don't take time to compile the old 0.99.x gnome stuff, they are very updated,
and will not be part of released potato.

Friendly,

Sven LUTHER