Re: new glibc, egcs, etc.

On Mon, 22 Mar 1999, Hartmut Koptein wrote:

>> ipfwadm

will do ipfwchains instead.

>> bind

check separate mail.

>> m4 (this could a little hard, but hey, they are only computer programs!)

done.

>> bash (that seems to be an ldd error on dpkg-shlibdeps, strange)

almost.

>> gnome-core,
>> gnome-objc,
>> gnome-utils,
>> gnome-media,
>> libgtop (I already had that compiled, and believe it or not, it
>> 			compiled right out of the box!)

I have the debs ready but I am a bit sceptical about uploading them. To me
gnome (the versions that are in debian source archives 0.99.x) are very
unstable and crash all the time. I propose to wait for 1.0 releases to come out
as debian sources and then deal with them.
Even so, I did not build them with 'dpkg-buildpackage -B -rsudo' but with
'./debian/rules binary' as root, so they are not signed.

>> libggi (I would like to test this out, if that's ok with you)

done. But I have a problem with my fbdev environment (valkyrie) and many things
that run ok on others' displays don't run ok on mine. The demos segfault. Could
someone please test the packages? (as soon as I upload them)
>> m2c (seems easy enough)

done.

>> mpich (I like it :)

almost.

>> proftpd

was already there.

>> freeamp (I have build this, I also have done 1.2.0, but it doesn't matter
>>          because audio output is distorted, known endianness problem)

>> fftw

done.

>> pdl (I'm not sure about that)

internal compiler problem. I will have to look this out more.

>> mesalib 3.0+ggi | these two will hopefully work after we have ggi ported ok.

compiling now.

>> svgalib+ggi

done.

>> geomview (I have already fixed this, but it's useless since there is no glibc
>> 	  version of libforms, I sent the author a mail but no reply yet).

still no reply. I wonder if it would be any different if I sent mail on behalf
of debian/powerpc users? Xforms development seems to be quite dead IMHO, no?

>> pvm  (I have compiled this ok, but it fails on install it makes only a static
>>       lib, but tries to install a shared one.)

almost.

- --
Konstantinos Margaritis