Re: Can Debian run in IMacs?

Previously Matt Porter wrote:
> On Thu, 18 Mar 1999, Wichert Akkerman wrote:
> > It's RH based in the sence that it uses rpm. But that might change in
> > the future... :)
>
> Do tell more, my company is probably hooking up with them for a supported
> distribution on our PPC boards even though I've been pushing for Debian.
> Sure would be great if they moved to a Debian base.

I didn't say they were going to get a Debian base. What the guy told me
was that they didn't really like rpm and were impressed by dpkg, and
would like to switch if there was a way to convert the rpm database into
a dpkg format. That is something different, although still very nice.
It could be the start of something more, but we'll just have to wait and
see where it goes.

> > Now if I could only remember who the LinuxPPC guy was with whom I
> > discussed this at the LinuxWorld expo.. :(
>
> Jason Haas?

Could be. Do you have his email address?

Wichert.

E-Mail: wakkerma@cs.leidenuniv.nl