Re: using glibc 2.1 in a non-Debian distribution

On Sun, Mar 14, 1999 at 03:54:53PM -0500, Michael Blackburn wrote:
> I'd like to use the recent glibc 2.1 release with my LinuxPPC-R4
> distribution, but I can't find the package as an RPM.  I have to reinit my
> drives anyway & I'd like to make the big jump to the bleeding edge, y'know?
> Here's the site I found the package on:
> http://tervola.infodrom.north.de/~koptein/glibc-2.1/
>
> Also, can I install the 2.2.x kernel rather than the 2.1.125 which is
> standard with the R4 release?
>
> I'll be doing this about 12pm UTC, so pls. reply with suggestions ASAP; I'll
> send my results out to anyone interested.

If you want to try to use glibc 2.1 with LinuxPPC R4, I recommend
trying pre-R5: linuxppc.slackers.cx if i recal correctly is the up to
date mirror.  Just adding in glibc 2.1 to an existing install of R4 is
a very bad idea.

Dan

|       Daniel Jacobowitz        |__|     CMU, CS class of 2002      |
|   Debian GNU/Linux Developer    __   Part-Time Systems Programmer  |
|         dan@debian.org         |  |        drow@cs.cmu.edu         |