Re: using glibc 2.1 in a non-Debian distribution

Thanks Dan for your quick reply!

Folks, do go to the debian site he referred to for the new glibc & egcs
(2.1.1-0pre1.3), rather than the link in my previous post (version 2.1-3)
which is an older mirror.  The mirrors page at Debian can be found at:

http://www.debian.org/distrib/ftplist

(although I had trouble getting in anon, so maybe you have all already found
it! :) )

I still am unsure if I should install kernel 2.2.1 with my R4 release, or
install using 2.1.125 and upgrade within Linux.  Not exactly on topic, so
please reply via email.