using glibc 2.1 in a non-Debian distribution

I'd like to use the recent glibc 2.1 release with my LinuxPPC-R4
distribution, but I can't find the package as an RPM.  I have to reinit my
drives anyway & I'd like to make the big jump to the bleeding edge, y'know?
Here's the site I found the package on:
http://tervola.infodrom.north.de/~koptein/glibc-2.1/

Also, can I install the 2.2.x kernel rather than the 2.1.125 which is
standard with the R4 release?

I'll be doing this about 12pm UTC, so pls. reply with suggestions ASAP; I'll
send my results out to anyone interested.

jaz