RS/6000 Model 43P/120 supported?

We have an older (well, in old in IT terms means back from 1994) RS/6000
Workstation Model 43P/120. It is currently running AIX, but I may have a
chance to replace it with a Pentium II system running Linux. In this case I
would like to test PPC Linux on this then unused machine.

A few questions:
1) Is this a supported platform?
2) Is there a "Getting started" Manual?

Pointers to other information welcome.

If I get this hooked up, I could start porting a few packages myself.

Nils

--
Plug-and-Play is really nice, unfortunately it only works 50% of the time.
To be specific the "Plug" almost always works.            --unknown source