lam .deb in devel, perl wizard needed

pardon me, but is there not a standard that must be met by all packages?
As it is lam-6.1-2.deb is far away from this standard. It is just a
collection of useless files, since the library and the binaries are not
there. And it will take quite long till it 's been fully ported since
there is a lot of i386-specific assembly code in there. Personally I
prefer not to have such a misguiding package at all..

PS. Is there anyone that is proficient with perl? Drop me a mail please.

Konstantinos Margaritis
kmargar@cc.uoa.gr