kernel funkiness, svgalbi

Ho,

  First, is there any hope of being able to run svgalib on debian/ppc? I see
we have a deb of zgv, but that doesn't seem to work...

  Second, I decided to to try compiling my own kernel (130). It seemed to go
well, but it rather had some problems while booting. Which is to say, it
booted fine, but the text was all dots on different-colored backgrounds.
  I'm on a 7600/233 (which, IIRC, is a control-style video). I enabled
pretty much all of the console drivers, so this is strange. I dumped the
framebuffer to a file before reverting to the old kernel, so tell me if you
want to see that.

  Are there any ideas on what's going on? I doubt it has anything to do with
my monitor (an AppeVision 1710 from Hell). However, I did just recently get
it replaced as the old one died on me. I'm not sure quite what happened, but
OpenFirmware was all-of-the-sudden able to display to my monitor. I had been
lead to believe that this was impossible with OF 1.0.5 with my video board.

Thanks!

Peter

--
Peter Abrahamsen