Re: X keyboard, how do I...

On Mon, Nov 16, 1998 at 08:26:13PM +0200, Konstantinos Margaritis wrote:
>   Ok, I've installed X, and it works fine (running afterstep now, tried
> wmaker 0.20 but it is a little unstable, will try kde when it's available
> as a debian package (will it?)).

No, it won't.  License screwups as usual.  KDE is dead in the water
right now.

>   However, I missed the nice keyboard support in the console (home/end,
> pgup/down, etc.), so  I tried fiddling around with Xkb support in
> XF86Config, but it did not give me the same results, in a few cases it
> even forbids me from changing consoles. Is there anyone that has done
> this? Having an xterm with working Home/End keys is a Good Thing(TM).

Xkb is...well, very very broken.  I'm not sure what's wrong, but
leaving it off and playing with xmodmap for specific problems is a
better idea.  I'm going to look into it as soon as 3.3.3 is released,
which still should be very soon...

Dan