X keyboard, how do I...

  Ok, I've installed X, and it works fine (running afterstep now, tried
wmaker 0.20 but it is a little unstable, will try kde when it's available
as a debian package (will it?)).
  However, I missed the nice keyboard support in the console (home/end,
pgup/down, etc.), so  I tried fiddling around with Xkb support in
XF86Config, but it did not give me the same results, in a few cases it
even forbids me from changing consoles. Is there anyone that has done
this? Having an xterm with working Home/End keys is a Good Thing(TM).

Konstantinos Margaritis
kmargar@cc.uoa.gr