fresh install...

I just installed using a pretty heavy package list.

I didn't use the installer floppy image, as I don't have a mac, so no
macos to boot from :)  I untarred the base2_1.tar.gz, and rebooted and
went from there.

Anyway, some issues I noticed:
while configuring many packages that compiled .el (emacs lisp I assume?)
files into bytecode there were many warnings.  emacs seems to be working
ok, so I don't know if this is important...

lynx depends on slang 0.99.38 (or something like that)...the only
available slang package I found was 1.2...can something be done about
this?  Should I try and recompile the lynx .deb?

When trying to build the ssh .deb, I came across an error in ./configure
complaining about the lack of the xauth binary.  It refuses to enable X
support in ssh without this...is this supposed to be in xbase or
elsewhere?

the first reboot after installation, the boot hung on starting anacron.  I
had to boot single user and disable it to get the machine to boot any
further.

I can't think of anything else atm, but I'll tell you if I find any other
little quirks..

ttyl,
Josh

Josh Huber | huberj@wpi.edu | http://www.wpi.edu/~huberj