xterm failed, 2.1 dependencies

I just got the X packages from dan's web space and while they work fine
for the most part, some files (xterm, xfb server) fail with an error like
the following

xterm: error in loading shared libraries: xterm: symbol chown, version
GLIBC_2_1 not defined in file libc.so.6 with link time reference.

Now, replacing the new xfb server with the one from the public ftp site,
fixed things a bit, but whatever I do, the xterm binary won't run. No luck
finding a new libc package, either. Also, the sources for it, are not in
the ftp site (or are included, I presume, in the huge XFree archive, no
need for geting that...)

So, could anyone either send me/upload a working xterm/glibc ? As it is
running X without an xterm is useless.

Konstantinos Margaritis
kmargar@cc.uoa.gr