Re: xbase files?

On Mon, Nov 02, 1998 at 06:21:50PM -0600, Ted Whalen wrote:
> Konstantinos Margaritis wrote:
> > Is there any ftp site I should check for any .deb file that is
> > missing from ftp.de.debian.org? In particular I need the xbase files.
>
> Hrrm.  Right now, X11 appears to be broken for powerpc.  I'm sufffering
> from lack of X right now as well.  I'd try to compile the packages
> myself, but my poor PowerBook would be a little overwhelmed by the
> task.  Is anyone working on this?

xbase went *poof* a few days ago, when it suddenly got split into lots
of itty bitty pieces - the new xbase was Architecture: all.  There will
be a new X real soon now - expect it in three or four days once I have
a chance to sit down with it, or tonight if I'm demented.  It may not
have an Xpmac, though; time for the latecomers to move to a 2.1.12x
kernel :)  Frame buffers are really the way to go.

Dan