/sbin/unconfigured.sh

Machine: 7600/233 (604e)

This machine runs RedHat just fine but I wanted to try out debian-ppc so
this is what I did:

Got the instructions from:

http://www.infodrom.north.de/~joey/Linux/Debian/master/powerpc/install.html

Booted into a clean linuxppc r4

1. created a free partition /dev/sdb4
2. turned it into an ext2 fs
3. brought over the basetarball and tar -xvf'd it
4. made sure that there was a vmlinux in the /boot directory
5. made sure that the quick.conf file looked similar to the one in the
install help
6. added some users into the passwd file

Then I tried to boot into debian linux using BootX - I just changed the
root fs from /dev/sdb3 (linuxppc) to /dev/sdb4.

Partway through the boot process I get this:

/sbin/unconfigured.sh: cannot create temp file for here document:
Read-only file system.

Looking at the shell script it points to some kind of debian rescue disk
that configures the base system.

I've tried to configure this machine to boot from quik in the macos but
no go.

Anyone got any idea?

Darron
darron@odi.ca

For PGP Key send e-mail with "SEND PGP KEY" as the subject.