Re: new

----8<---

> Now that I think about it, how _do_ you install deb-ppc? There must be some
> tar.gz or somesuch we can download containing the installer.

yes there is. I found a about 10MB tgz that is a minimum Linux setup, It lacks
a few things (like /etc/resolv.conf) but is basically functional. It's at
ftp://ftp.infodrom.north.de/pub/Linux/linux-pmac/debian/glibc2.1-system/

I haven't had time to sort it out, though I managed to set it to use a correct
setup for ethernet (my internet link), and ping a machine on the lan using
it's hostname. Once I find out if debian-powerpc provides for the apps I need,
I'll decide on replacing my current system.

> Thanks,
>
> Peter

Remco