Re: Where could I find a boot floppy image?

On Fri, Sep 11, 1998 at 10:20:46AM -0600, Tamas Papp wrote:
> On Thu, 10 Sep 1998, Craig R. Sadler wrote:
>
> I did. It downloads to files, (hdlist and comp.pmac or something like
> that) and then it asks me to select the software to install. And then to
> select the root partition. A THEN it gives me the error message.
> >  http://linuxppc.org/help/install_help/pmac_install.html
> I've read it.
o> >
> I was trying for three hours. My problem is that I can't get into the OF
> directly, using the Option-Command-O-F keys. Does anybody know about other
> key combinations (PPC 5400/180)?

  The information (and software) you need for dealing with this problem should
be available at:

    http://linuxppc.org/userguide/of.html

   If you get into a completely non-functional state you can get back to the
OF defaults by restting the PRAM (Option-Command-P-R). If that fails, the worst
case is having to unnplug the machine and remove the motherboard's battery for
5-10 minutes, which will also reset the PRAM.

 Dealing with this stuff the first couple of times wasn't pretty for me either.