problems booting my ppc with linux

Hello,

I still have problems booting my IBM RS/6000 (ppc 604e, 200mhz) with
Linux.
I've tried the CHRP and PReP images without any success.
The CHRP image's loader starts, gunzips, copies the OF device list then
hangs, so the Linux kernel doesn't start. The PReP image hangs right
after starting it. I've tried several images from several places.

Could anyone help me? I don't want to use AIX on it :(
(AIX boots and runs well.)

Thanx.

Regards,
Slapic

--
hacker: /n./ One who enjoys the intellectual challenge of creatively
             overcoming or circumventing limitations.