slink Tarball Progress

Hartmut> The base from infodrom is libc-1.99!! You can get it for a starting
Hartmut> point.  But we are under the way to packup a slink base tarball.
Hartmut>
Hartmut> Who was it here? The man with the i386 scripts???

I guess that would be me.  Hi, guys.

IMPORTANT: Somebody tell me where to get a working "mount" et al.  You can
           ignore the rest of this message if you like.  ;-)

Basically, I've got a script that'll take the i386 hamm tarball, extract it,
overlay the slink/PPC base/* packages on it, then look through the resulting
mess for surviving 80386 binaries and either pull them from Red Hat (which
no longer works with the new libc) or delete them altogether.

It does not currently generate bootable tarballs, mainly due to the fact that
I can't find a working mount.  (init and shells and stuff work fine).  I saw
something go by that a working mount would be going up soon to "Incoming"?
Which "Incoming" is this?  As soon as I get it, I can make progress on the
tarball again.

I also really need a working rdev.  Where do I get source?  Or has somebody
built one for the new libc?

To give you some idea of what needs to be done, here are all of the binaries
which exist in the hamm tarball and don't exist in any of the slink base
packages.  These should ultimately be in a slink package somewhere, presumably
base.  If you have any of these I can stick in the tarball, let me know where
to get 'em.

At first glance, it looks like everything in net/netbase is in the hamm
tarball and just things like telnet and ftp from net/netstd are in
the hamm tarball.  I'll try to emulate this from the slink/PPC packages (which
I assume are happy with the new libc?)  If net/netbase is in the base tarball,
shouldn't it really be base/netbase?  And should'nt telnet & tcp be in it?

Ie: shouldn't everything in the tarball be in base/* somewhere?  Or am I
guessing the wrong meaning of "base"?

Once we get a working tarball, we can pare it down to something more minimal,
as it's looking like it'll come in around 10Mb when I get all these binaries.

Thanks,

-mcq

---

Missing Binaries snarfed from RedHat: (all libc1.99, so they don't work)
  /bin/kill
  /bin/mount
  /bin/umount
  /bin/run-parts
  /bin/ping
  /bin/netstat
  /sbin/swapon
  /sbin/losetup
  /sbin/mkfs
  /sbin/kbdrate
  /sbin/cfdisk
  /sbin/fdisk
  /sbin/ifconfig
  /sbin/rarp
  /sbin/route
  /sbin/portmap
  /sbin/pmap_dump
  /sbin/pmap_set
  /sbin/ldconfig
  /usr/bin/logger
  /usr/bin/renice
  /usr/bin/script
  /usr/bin/wall
  /usr/bin/cmp
  /usr/bin/diff
  /usr/bin/sdiff
  /usr/bin/diff3
  /usr/bin/rpcinfo
  /usr/bin/rpcgen
  /usr/bin/ftp
  /usr/bin/telnet
  /usr/sbin/cytune
  /usr/sbin/rdev
  /usr/sbin/inetd
  /usr/sbin/arp
  /usr/sbin/tcpd
  /usr/sbin/tcpdchk
  /usr/sbin/tcpdmatch
  /usr/sbin/try-from
  /usr/sbin/safe_finger

Missing Binaries which were removed: (didn't have 'em in RedHat)
  /bin/ae
  /bin/tempfile
  /bin/mktemp
  /bin/fdflush
  /sbin/insmod
  /sbin/lsmod
  /sbin/ksyms
  /sbin/modinfo
  /sbin/genksyms
  /sbin/modprobe
  /sbin/depmod
  /sbin/kerneld
  /sbin/kdstat
  /sbin/fsck.minix
  /sbin/mkfs.minix
  /sbin/hwclock
  /sbin/sfdisk
  /sbin/slattach
  /sbin/plipconfig
  /sbin/lilo
  /sbin/ipfwadm
  /sbin/ipchains
  /sbin/activate
  /sbin/pnpdump
  /sbin/isapnp
  /sbin/cardmgr
  /sbin/cardctl
  /sbin/ifport
  /sbin/scsi_info
  /sbin/probe
  /sbin/ftl_format
  /sbin/ftl_check
  /usr/bin/elvis-tiny
  /usr/bin/resizecons
  /usr/bin/syslinux
  /usr/sbin/tunelp
  /usr/sbin/ipautofw
  /usr/sbin/chat
  /usr/sbin/pppd
  /usr/sbin/pppstats
  /lib/ld.so
  /usr/lib/lddstub
  /tmp/basesystem/usr/lib/dpkg/methods/mountable/logcmd
  /usr/lib/perl5/i386-linux/5.004/auto/IO/IO.so
  /usr/lib/perl5/i386-linux/5.004/auto/Socket/Socket.so
  /usr/lib/libnewt.so.0.21
  /usr/lib/whiptcl.so