Re: chown()/lchown() war ...

> Hartmut Koptein told me there is not supposed to be a ldso.deb on
> debian/slink/ppc. it is already part of libc6. Who do i believe ? Also i am
> not sure i can compile things on apus, not enough disk space (:<) at least
> until i fix the scsi driver of the blizzard board.

If i'm correct, the maintainer of the ld.so package includes now the
ldconfig into the ld.so package (again).

We will then make the ld.so package (for ldconfig) and let the ld.so itself
unavailable for powerpc.  But this must be checked!!

> is it a slink debian ? if yes, ui have been waiting since i first got my
> blizzard board, if it is hamm based, it is nice, but somewhat useless
> because based on glibc 1.99 also the link gives me :

The base from infodrom is libc-1.99!! You can get it for a starting point.
But we are under the way to packup a slink base tarball.

Who was it here? The man with the i386 scripts???

> What is changeroot ??? if it is what i think, it is quite nice.

This meaning is not to get root access, it means to have another directory
as the /  (the root). An example: you have /private/my/{lib, etc, bin, usr, ...}.
With chroot you can say /private/my/  should now the root directory.

Bye,

    Hartmut

--
 Hartmut Koptein                                       EMail:
 Friedrich-van-Senden-Str. 7                           koptein@et-inf.fho-emden.de