Re: chown()/lchown() war ...

Hartmut Koptein <koptein@et-inf.fho-emden.de> writes:

> > I've tried the slink-libc, and it gives me problems with the chown whenever
> > I try to use tar (tried to recompile tar as well).
> >
> > The same thing works fine with both the 980705-snap (which I've built a
> > deb from), and with the redhat glibc2.1..
> >
> > I've also experienced problems with gzip (with dpkg -i on certain files),
> > where the redhat gzip works fine (as does the redhat patches for gzip pasted
> > on top of the debian-source (which some mods due to conflicts between diffs)).
>

> This is very ugly. Hmmmm ....  you have a working 2.1 system? Then make an upload
> of debian packages (not patched redhat sources) to master. Upload your
> glibc (980705-snap or newer), gzip and tar and we will see.

I'm currently working on getting a proper source/diff patch, and better
compiled things (my deb's are done for testing at this point, so the method
of creation is rather ugly, but I'm hoping to fix that soon).
My first goal is to get all the packages in a base system done..
It takes about 5 hours for a build of glibc, so I want it working before I
do a proper debian package.. This snap isn't using redhat's source at all,
btw, although I plan on having a look at their patches to see if they've
done anything I had to do manually to get this compiling, or if they have
a better solution for doing it.

> Where are you all living? Europa? We have a developers meeting here in Germany
> in two months. This is for m68k but also for powerpc.

I'm located in Gothenburg, Sweden..

Yes, I'm aware of the meeting, however, my finances does not allow for me to
be there. (wish I could though).

/Stefan