chown()/lchown() war ...

Hello

> Now, this is a problem.   You can't use that kernel on PPC because the libc
> was compiled with 2.1.106, as I understand it.  You're having a variant of
> the chown()/lchown() war.  I'm having another one and I don't seem to be
> able to get rid of it :)

What is the exact status on this thing.

i tried to install some debian-ppc/slink packages on an linux/apus
system where i had previously an mixed redhat/debian-hamm installed.

I tried to install slink iun a separate partition, but dpkg was not
happy at all.

Am i having problems caused by this glibc/kernel/dpkg incompatibility in
what concerns chown/lchown ?

I am using kernel 2.1.90 (or 99 i don't remember well), glibc 1.99.xx,
and the hamm dpkg. i try to install slink packages with that, but get
some problems, don't remember exactly the exact output of dpkg, will try
again this evening. Anyway, is it possible to 'cross'-install a slink
base archive (at least the compiled part) with an older dpkg ? what is
the exact procedure .

is dpkg --root=newroot --force-depends -i packages.deb correct ?

Also what is the status on ldso.deb ? apart from e2fslib and mount it is
the only vital part missing from the base packages. It is possible to
use an static ldso with slink ? if yes, what version do i need ?

Friendly,

Sven LUTHER