Re: chown()/lchown() war ...

> > Native dpkg for powerpc under glibc-2.1 makes trouble! We have a little
> > workaround for this (thanks dan!).
>
> which problem and workaround is this?

The problem ... tja, hmmm   ext2 or ar or gzip or ....

> I've tried the slink-libc, and it gives me problems with the chown whenever
> I try to use tar (tried to recompile tar as well).
>
> The same thing works fine with both the 980705-snap (which I've built a
> deb from), and with the redhat glibc2.1..
>
> I've also experienced problems with gzip (with dpkg -i on certain files),
> where the redhat gzip works fine (as does the redhat patches for gzip pasted
> on top of the debian-source (which some mods due to conflicts between diffs)).

This is very ugly. Hmmmm ....  you have a working 2.1 system? Then make an upload
of debian packages (not patched redhat sources) to master. Upload your
glibc (980705-snap or newer), gzip and tar and we will see.

Where are you all living? Europa? We have a developers meeting here in Germany
in two months. This is for m68k but also for powerpc.

Bye,

     Hartmut

--
 Hartmut Koptein                                       EMail:
 Friedrich-van-Senden-Str. 7                           koptein@et-inf.fho-emden.de