Re: forwarded message from Geoffrey KEATING (fwd)

On Mon, Jan 12, 1998 at 09:03:11PM +0100, Vincent Renardias wrote:

> > At the moment we have an mklinuxfs.tar.gz containing "old" libraries.
> > We need this for a new system, too.

> Why?!

tervola2 or a system for the sponsor.

> I don't think it is a big problem anyway since our current glibc snapshot
> really calls itself 'libc-2.0.91', so it more appropriate to package it
> under libc6.1-2.0.91 than libc6-2.x.y...
>
> > BUT: If a new installation is needed we still need the old libraries.
> > This means we need to store them somewhere.  I'll burn them on cd-rom
> > before the directories vanishes.  If there's enough space what I think
> > I'll put some rpm's on it, too.
>
> No new installation required I think (cf: above)

Well, do you remember the time when the machine kept crashing at least
every second day and the filesystem got completely screwed up?

Apart from that I'd like to be able to install it on another machine.
I would be very unhappy if we needed to start from the very beginning
again.  I'm just careful.

Regards

	Joey

 /              Whenever you meet yourself you're in a time loop /
/ http://home.pages.de/~joey/           or in front of a mirror /