Re: getting external monitors to work with 15" powerbook

On Wed, 2003-05-28 at 00:39, John Leach wrote:

> On Tue, 2003-05-27 at 23:11, Michel Dänzer wrote:
>
> > It probably means either of software rendering or hardware acceleration
> > works correctly while the other does not (in which case you should be
> > able to determine which is which with Option "NoAccel"). What version of
> > the X server are you using?
>
> I *believe* the yellow is gone with NoAccel set to true, but both my
> friend and I have tried so many options now I can't recall.  I'll take a
> look tomorrow and post the results.  (Obviously I'd prefer not to have
> to run with NoAccel enabled as everything is dog slow in comparison).

Sure, NoAccel is never a solution but merely a means to help find out
what's going on.

> xfree86-common 4.2.1-6

Please post the output of

COLUMNS=125 dpkg -l 'xserver-xfree86*' | grep '^[hi]'

and

grep radeon_drv /var/log/XFree86.0.log

(or whichever log file is relevant)