Re: getting external monitors to work with 15" powerbook

On Mon, 2003-05-26 at 18:13, John Leach wrote:

> Just to update you, I still have the yellowy tinge on an external
> analogue monitor with 2.4.21-rc2-ben0 and the updated drm-trunk code
> (giving me a radeon.o kernel drm module of version 1.8.0.)

Well, the DRM basically has nothing to do with the display.

> If anyone is interested, I took a screen-shot of the yellowness which
> subtly does not affect the entire screen all of the time.  I thought it
> strange I could actually take a screen-shot at all that still looked
> yellow on a normal display.
> http://www.johnleach.co.uk/documents/powerpc/dualdisplay-ss.png

It probably means either of software rendering or hardware acceleration
works correctly while the other does not (in which case you should be
able to determine which is which with Option "NoAccel"). What version of
the X server are you using?