Re: getting external monitors to work with 15" powerbook

Hi Michel,

On Tue, 2003-05-27 at 23:11, Michel Dänzer wrote:
> Well, the DRM basically has nothing to do with the display.

Ah, I've been rumbled there.  I really know nothing of the Linux/XFree86
architecture.  I just included the info in case it was important to
potential troubleshooting onlookers.

> It probably means either of software rendering or hardware acceleration
> works correctly while the other does not (in which case you should be
> able to determine which is which with Option "NoAccel"). What version of
> the X server are you using?

I *believe* the yellow is gone with NoAccel set to true, but both my
friend and I have tried so many options now I can't recall.  I'll take a
look tomorrow and post the results.  (Obviously I'd prefer not to have
to run with NoAccel enabled as everything is dog slow in comparison).

xfree86-common 4.2.1-6

--
GPG KEY: B89C D450 5B2C 74D8 58FB A360 9B06 B5C2 26F0 3047
   HTTP: http://www.johnleach.co.uk