[Popcon-developers] [GSOC] Popularity Contest

[Luciano Prestes]
> Thanks, I will add to user pass data folder as argument. I have a
> presentation of manages software configuration (GCS), its tomorrow,
> then I and a colleague are working on add continuous integration on
> AppRecommender using Gitlab-CI with docker, after this I will update
> the script to receive the output directory as argument and makes a new
> patch, its ok?

To me, writing to the current directory work just fine, but is nice to
be able to redirect it to somewhere else. :)

> Thanks for your help. Do you think that patch will be accepted into
> popularity-contest?

Well, I suspect it is best to leave that decision to Bill, but I see no
harm in including it.  It would be good to have some idea how to use the
resulting files (ie point people to some free software reading the
files), for the people reading the code. :)

The popcon.debian.org server seem to have 6 GiB RAM in total, so I guess
it might be a problem to run the script there if it need 7 GiB of RAM.

> What more is needed, or that the conditions for this to happen?

I leave that to Bill.  But it it is a good idea to add a license header
to the script, and copyright information, to make it clear.

--
Happy hacking
Petter Reinholdtsen