[Popcon-developers] Adding CPU arch statistics to popcon

On Jul 19, 2010, at 12:29 PM, Lennart Sorensen wrote:

> On Sat, Jul 17, 2010 at 01:11:20PM +0100, Martin Guy wrote:
>>   I'm wondering if its feasible to extend popcon to give statistics
>> for the CPU architecture in use. Certainly for the ARM port this
>> would
>> be useful as there are often discussions of which ARM instruction set
>> to support as a baseline.
>>  In i386 world, this would be like saying "does anyone really run
>> Debian on a 486 any more?", to know when it is feasible to increase
>> the minimum CPU requirements to the benefit of everyone with more
>> recent processors.
>
> Why yes I do run Debian on a 486 (with 48MB of ram though). :)
> --
> Len Sorensen

Then I guess you *would* support adding CPU architecture to popcon?

I, for one, think it's a great idea.  I can't think of any valid
privacy concerns that would affect my wanting to disclose  that kind
of detail about my usage.  Anyway, if you're worried about it, just
decline to participate in popcon.  The does installer ask the question.

Rick