[Popcon-developers] Adding CPU arch statistics to popcon

Hi
   I'm wondering if its feasible to extend popcon to give statistics
for the CPU architecture in use. Certainly for the ARM port this would
be useful as there are often discussions of which ARM instruction set
to support as a baseline.
  In i386 world, this would be like saying "does anyone really run
Debian on a 486 any more?", to know when it is feasible to increase
the minimum CPU requirements to the benefit of everyone with more
recent processors.

  I would imagine some people would be concerned about
anonimity/security issues implied by identifying people's specific
CPUs. In our case, the supported instruction set, and maybe whether it
has an FPU, is the interesting statistic, not so much the specific
silicon in use.

  I'm not subscribed to this list; please Cc replies

Thanks