[Popcon-developers] Adding CPU arch statistics to popcon

On Mon, Jul 19, 2010 at 05:56:03PM -0400, Rick Thomas wrote:
> Then I guess you *would* support adding CPU architecture to popcon?

I think it would be neat to know.  Not sure anyone else cares. :)

> I, for one, think it's a great idea.  I can't think of any valid privacy
> concerns that would affect my wanting to disclose  that kind of detail
> about my usage.  Anyway, if you're worried about it, just decline to
> participate in popcon.  The does installer ask the question.

I think the default is no these days.  So sounds fair.  Perhaps make sure
to update the notice with the details that it collects beyond package
list in that case.

--
Len Sorensen