[Popcon-developers] HTTP POST support for popcon

[Bill Allombert]
> The server has received a http report but no matching smtp report so far.

Sounds good.  The machine in question have internet connection but no
mail configuration. :)

> Hmm. Will that work with popcon.cgi ? Won't that cause the webserver
> to gunzip the file ?

I do not believe the web server will unzip the file, but haven't
tested.  If it does, I guess the CGI script will get the appropriate
content type and transfer encoding set, so it should be able to handle
both.

>> Is this version in CVS?
>
> No.

Please consider commiting it, to a branch or the trunk.

> What I am more concerned, though, is the behaviour of the cronjob in
> extreme cases (no network connection, incorrect configuration, very
> little bandwidth, etc.)

Well, the no network connection case is easily detected.  In that case
I suspect the connection will just fail.  What incorrect configuration
do you mean?  There isn't much to misconfigure at the moment.

The problem with very little bandwith is an interesting one.  It is
probably a good idea to make sure only one submission process is
executing, perhaps by making a lock?