[Popcon-developers] HTTP POST support for popcon

On Sat, Mar 05, 2005 at 11:16:52AM +0100, Petter Reinholdtsen wrote:
> [Bill Allombert]
> > I have made some packages that report using both smtp and http POST
> > (to the test adress) here:
> > http://people.debian.org/~ballombe/popcon/debs
> >
> > and I plan to ask debian-devel to try them.
>
> Cool.  I just tested it, and it didn't report any errors.  I had a
> look at the upload script, and noticed the HTTP headers used.  Instead

The server has received a http report but no matching smtp report so far.

> of using

> I suggest using

> to document that the content is compressed text.  I guess the current
> charset used is ASCII, but specifying utf-8 will be forward
> compatible. :)

Hmm. Will that work with popcon.cgi ? Won't that cause the webserver
to gunzip the file ?

> It is probably a good idea to move the hostname/URL to connect to into
> a configuration file.  I suggest we use
> /usr/share/popularity-contest/default.conf for this too, and place
> local overrides in /etc/popularity-contest.conf as usual.

Yes it is in the TODO list.

> Is this version in CVS?

No.

What I am more concerned, though, is the behaviour of the cronjob in extreme
cases (no network connection, incorrect configuration, very little
bandwidth, etc.)

Cheers,
Bill.