[Popcon-developers] Popularity-contest http POST: call for testers

--7qSK/uQB79J36Y4o

Hello developers,

We have plans to add support in popularity-contest to send the
report through http POST. Both the server part an the client part have
been developed.  The last issue is to actually use it in the cron job
and see what issues=20

For that purpose, I have made an experimental popularity-contest package
that use both smtp and http. Please find it here:

<http://people.debian.org/~ballombe/popcon/debs>

This package report to the test popcon account so we can monitor it.

We would really like people to review or test this package in real
situations, in particular when network connectivity is chaotic.
We would like to make sure the popcon cron job will not cause problem
to users with poor network.

Thanks in advance for your comments,
--=20
Bill. <ballombe@debian.org>