Re: Question about pool for debian

On Wednesday 21 March 2001 10:45 am, Keith Elder wrote:
> Greetings,
>
> I ran into a situation here at work where we need to use several
> packages that are in the pool tree.  I haven't been keeping up on my
> debian stuff lately so I wasn't even aware this was available.  Anyway,
> my questions are the following:
>
> 1.  How do I update /etc/apt/sources.list to include the pool files for
> apt-get/dselect?
Absolutely no change is required here.  Pools are the headache of mirror
maintainers and package maintainers.  Just
apt-get update ; apt-get upgrade; apt-get install you-chosen-package
Don't bother downloading the .deb files, that defeats the purposes of apt.

> 2.  Is what is in pool considered stable?
The pools contail all packages from stable, testing and unstable.  The
"Packages" and "Packages.gz" files list the versions appropriate for the
various distributions (being stable, testing and unstable).

> 3.  What are these files in pool anyway?
See above.