Question about pool for debian

Greetings,

I ran into a situation here at work where we need to use several
packages that are in the pool tree.  I haven't been keeping up on my
debian stuff lately so I wasn't even aware this was available.  Anyway,
my questions are the following:

1.  How do I update /etc/apt/sources.list to include the pool files for
apt-get/dselect?
2.  Is what is in pool considered stable?
3.  What are these files in pool anyway?

Any other tidbits of info you can throw my way I would appreciate it.

--

Keith Elder
Affordable Computers, Inc.