Re: Converting dev-ref to use rST

Hi,

On Wed, Jun 12, 2019 at 10:08:40PM +0900, Osamu Aoki wrote:

> This is one way reST to POT and POT to PO merge and translated reST
> generation tool (Unlike po4a, we can't make po from matching translation
> reST source.)
>    http://www.sphinx-doc.org/en/stable/intl.html
>
> So my script comes handy to do this po generation from matching translation
> reST source.
>    https://github.com/osamuaoki/poutils

Anyway, let me start rest branch. (At least locally).

Oops.  How does reST infrastructure handle entity definition equivalent.

Currently, DATA type content is defined in common.ent to avoid noise to
translator.

One way is to change these

NOW
<!ENTITY codename-oldoldstable "wheezy">

to SED script

s/@@@codename-oldoldstable@@@/wheezy/g

to deal this.  To do this we need to preload common.ent with a dummy
data.  Then we should get nice base XML without entity reference.

A template English reST ---->+----- SED --- Good English reST

PO file (template based)---->+----- SED --- Good Translation reST

We need to escape few characters such as / and ~ and @ if needed.

Maybe we need to touch up <email> <filename> tags ... automating it may
be more trouble so let's skip.

Osamu