Re: Converting dev-ref to use rST

Hello,

On Tue 11 Jun 2019 at 09:53am +0200, Raphael Hertzog wrote:

> Hi,
>
> On Mon, 08 Apr 2019, Sean Whitton wrote:
>> I am considering to working to convert dev-ref to rST+Sphinx this
>> summer.  I would like to start a discussion about doing that.  The
>> main things that I need to learn from this discussion are:
>
> I just want to point out that contrary to the Debian policy (which had no
> translations when it got converted), dev-ref does have a bunch of
> translations and I wonder whether there's a way to convert the translated
> docbook with your same process and somehow match the various strings
> together to update PO files...

We didn't have any official translations (in the sense of being
maintained in policy.git) when we converted policy.git to rST.

I don't know of any automated solution.  We might just have to keep the
old source and continue building translations from that until each
language is manually converted?  :\

--
Sean Whitton